We always love to take food. But do we always consider all the good or bad effects of food? Sometimes we do but most of the time we don’t.
But we can’t stop to take our favorite and delicious foods. Consuming sweets and lactose of food can cause critical problems in our teeth. Sometimes it affects badly on our teeth. Teeth become stained & discolored. We all know that the beauty of the smile basically depends on the fresh and radiant teeth. Over time tooth enamel loses it’s luster as teeth tend to get stains and patches by oral hygiene and other health issues of the teeth. The quality of your smile is hampered due to stained and discolored teeth.
Some of the causes of stained teeth –
1. The most important fact about to know that teeth are become stained by taking Drinks like Colas, tea, coffee, wines and by certain food and vegetable like potatoes, Apples etc.
2. Using tobacco and Smoking can stain our teeth.
3. During the increasing of the age, the outer layer of enamel of our teeth gets worm away. Then the natural yellow color of the teeth gets out.
4. Oral hygiene is the cause of stain and dull spots on teeth.
5. Antibiotics can damage the texture of our teeth.
6. Some illnesses and diseases like head and neck radiation and chemotherapy can affect the texture of your teeth.
7. Excessive use of fluoride from water is the cause of spotting on teeth.
8. Trauma can damage the tooth in adults and children.
9. When proper brushing and flossing aren’t maintained, then teeth become discolored and stained.
10. Sometimes it is noticed that your teeth are white or not depends on your genetics.
Some tips of getting back the brighten teeth –
1.Coconut oil pulling with swishing in the mouth for 20 minutes for removing bacteria. By practicing it on a daily basis, you can reduce plaque and may brighten your teeth.
2. To reduce bacteria in your mouth and buff away surface stains, you can brush with a paste made with baking soda and water.
3. To kill the bacteria in your mouth, use the mouthwash made by hydrogen peroxide with baking soda.
4. You can use apple cider vinegar for teeth whitening. But overuse of it, it can erode the enamel on the teeth. So Use it a few times per week.
5. Use certain raw foods like strawberry & pineapple can help rub plaque away as you chew and whiten your teeth.
6. Use healthy food with high calcium, because those can help to prevent your teeth from becoming yellow. Do brush of your teeth soon after eating, that can also help prevent stains.
7. Do brush and floss along with regular cleaning can help you to prevent the build-up of yellowing plaque on your teeth.
8. You can do the rubbing lemon, orange, or banana peels on your teeth for teeth whitening.
9.Using activated charcoal to remove stains from your teeth, because It’s highly absorbent and is also said to get rid of bacteria and toxins in the mouth.
10. Take fruits and vegetables with higher water content.
11. Stop smoking to prevent from yellowish teeth.
12. Use a stained removing toothbrush.
13. Use the paste of organic turmeric powder with a little bit of water.
Sometimes the methods are work nicely but sometimes not. At that time you have to check up your teeth to your dentist. And you can meet up with the teeth whitening service provider for better results.
Author – Dr. Vadim Valdman