Sleep apnea is one of the most troublesome diseases that affects your overall health. If it goes unheeded for a long time, then it can give rise to various complications in your body and at last you may have to claim your life. It is not good to get medical treatment for your diseases when you have methods to overcome them at home. You can fight sleep apnea at home by following four ways listed below:
- If you are used to taking tobacco, alcohol or any drug, then you should shun them at once because they aggravate your problem. If you are sot or drug addict then it might be a bit difficult for you to get rid of them. Just try to reduce its intake with each passing day and finally you will be able to give them up. Moreover, think positively and resolve to lead your life without intoxicating yourself. Your self control and resolution will pay off ultimately.
- Sleeping on your belly or side proves very useful in combating this disease. If you are not used to this posture, it might be problematic for you during initial stages. But, once you get accustomed to this sleeping posture, you will feel comfortable and unencumbered.
- Good quality of foods also help you combat your sleep disorder. Cut down the intake of processed and fast foods as they may further aggravate problems in your body. Once you become consistent with your dietary decision, you will find your disorder going away from you. Your breathing will improve and you will be able to enjoy your slumber.
- Spare your time for doing exercises on a regular basis. Exercising regularly will result in burning of calories and boosting of your metabolism. As a result, your heart and muscles will be strong. If you are uncomfortable doing exercises then you can do the following activities:
- Go to Yoga resorts and do the postures you are comfortable with
- Involve yourself in excessive jogging and walking
- Play basketball, tennis with your friends
- Do hiking or some new trails
Your home is the best place, where you can easily perform these methods to curb sleep apnea. They are too easy to do and you do not need to buy expensive things. Nor do you need advice or help of any expert. All you need to do is to perform them carefully. Doing them at home does not mean that you can trifle with them. You will be your own teacher. If you deceive yourself, you will be causing great harm to your body that may claim your life.
In sum, sleep apnea is a serious disease and you need to think very seriously about it. Seeking doctor’s advice and treatment won’t do wonders for you if you are not concerned about your health. Following the tips mentioned above will certainly help you keep your disorder at bay. And, you will be able to enjoy sleep to its fullest.